Big 4 Accounting Firm Profile: KPMG
137,000 global employees (2008)
$22.7 billion (2008)
Current Big 4 Rank (Revenue): 4
- Advisory (Accounting Advisory Services, Business Performance Services, Corporate Finance, Financial Risk Management Services, Forensics, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services, IT Advisory, Restructuring, Transaction Services/Mergers and Acquisitions)
20 Major Clients
- Deutsche Bank
- Visa International
- US Dept. of Homeland Security
- University of Chicago
- Kaiser Foundation
- General Electric
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Burger King
- Home Depot
Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Big Four?
Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst & Young and Pricewaterhouse. You know them by name, but how well do you really know them? Take this quiz and find out!
Take it now!...
What’s in a Name?*
- K stands for Klynveld. Piet Klynveld founded the accounting firm Klynveld Kraayenhof & Co. in Amsterdam in 1917.
- P is for Peat. William Barclay Peat founded the accounting firm William Barclay Peat & Co. in London in 1870.
- M stands for Marwick. James Marwick founded the accounting firm Marwick, Mitchell & Co. with Roger Mitchell in New York City in 1897.
- G is for Goerdeler. Dr. Reinhard Goerdeler was for many years chairman of Deutsche Treuhand-Gesellschaft and later chairman of KPMG. He is credited with laying much of the groundwork for the KMG merger.
(*Information via KPMG.com)